In preparation for this race, I made 3 new batches of energy food.
Ingredients:

Baggies:

From bottom up, I'm calling the first row "Raspberry Oat Fucker." That sounds catchy to me and anything to honor the '40 Year Old Virgin' with an unrelated bag of raspberry, oat and protein powder makes sense. This one tastes pretty good, highly digestible, texture still has remains of oats so I might blend the oats into a finer powder next time. Estimated Nutritional Facts - Calories 300-500 - Protein 20-30 grams - Sugar medium - Vitamins some.
The next row is my generic 'Peanut Butter Honey Bomb'. It tastes better than the last batch but still isn't peanut buttery enough. The problem is to get a consistency someone can suck down with little to no effort midway through an endurance event requires adding water which is basically a flavor remover. Estimated Nutritional Facts - Calories 400-600 - Protein 20-30 grams - Sugar yes.
A note about the PBHBomb, it goes bad, real bad. I found a bag in the bottom of my camelbak during a run on Thursday morning and tried to eat some despite the smell. Apparently, banana and peanut butter turn into vinegar yogurt when left unrefrigerated for a few weeks. This experience made me appreciate preservatives and I'd consider using some. Does anybody know where to buy and how it works?
The last row I call "Fire Walk with Me." For moments when you need to put a raging murdering Bob inside you. I keep making the mistake of tasting some at 9pm when I'm making it. Next thing you know its 5am and I've spent the night cleaning my bike with a toothpick and dental floss. Estimated Nutritional Facts - Calories yes - sugar lots - caffeine 2 TB of raw bean powder.
Next week I'll be posting about the usefulness of this stuff, how the race project went, the PVC bike rack for my truck and the gym I plan on making out of my garage.

No comments:
Post a Comment